Thursday, June 5, 2008

Slacker

So I am a huge slacker when it comes to posts, also, I am lacking in pictures lately, however, this blog does not involve any so I will have to try better next time.

Nothing too exciting is going on in the Quist home. We are still trying to get settled in. I am loving the new place! It is bigger, nicer and smells better. Our old neighbors were into the drugs so we smelled pot everytime we walked out into the hallway! It is so great not to have to smell that anymore! I also feel alot safer!!

So my little sister Laura is doing good in the MTC, she is halfway through that, since she has to learn Italian she's in there for 9 weeks, I write to her at least once a week, and she writes to us once a week. She is getting having some awesome experiences!

Here is a little history on my family...I have a point, bare with me!...There are 4 kids in my family my oldest sister Amy is 25, I am 24, my brother Alec is 22 and Laura is 21. So we have all left home at one time or another, but my parents have never been without at least 1 child since they were 21. Until now that is...when Laura left for her mission there were 3 of the 4 kids living at home. So Laura left and Alec left the same day to go tree planting in Northern Ontario for the summer. Then about 2 weeks later Amy went to visit some friends in Alberta (and is still there). So my parents have been at home alone, then my Mom had tickets to the Time Out for Women in Toronto this past weekend so she left my Dad at home all alone.
So point of my story....Chad and I went home this past weekend to hang out with my Dad since he was all alone. We had a good time, relaxing and Dad is always good for some entertaining! We had a great Science/Religion conversation....my Dad is one of the smartest people in the world! I think he is anyway! He always amazes me...he has such a good grasp of the gospel, it really seems like he knows everything! And he joined the church when he was 19!

Um...what else is new?? Well, Chad's sister Mallory is getting married next friday. That is pretty exciting! She is going through the temple tomorrow so that will be a fun experience to share with her. And Chad's Dad and his wife will be visiting again from Calgary, they are house hunting, so I think they will be moving here by the end of the summer. That will be fun!

Ok, so I dont want to make this post too long since there are no pictures but I have one last story...

This past Monday I was at work and I got a phone call from my neice Calla, she said that it was her doll Sarah's birthday and they were having a party for her that night with balloons and cupcakes. She invited Chad and I to come over to celebrate. It was the cutest thing! So we went over to their house after work and attended a party for a doll! I know Melissa took some pictures so I will see if I can get my hands on some.

Anyway that is all for now....it is almost the weekend and that is always exciting!!
I hope you all have a great one!

6 comments:

Channynba said...

sounds like you had fun with the fam...tell Mallory and Jacob congrats from me.

Anonymous said...

That is so darn cute!! A party for a doll, I love it!

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see your place!! (Hint Hint)

Julia said...

i love the birthday party story. it cracks me up. i hope my kid is as imaginative as calla!

Keah and Michael O'Hearon said...

Sounds like life has been fun....I too am excited for Mallory and Jacob to get married! Also, I think Calla is the cutest...you got to love the imagination of kids! Can't wait to see ya on Friday!

Kristi Drennan said...

Oh I just love that Calla called you to come for a party for her doll! I love that. And I love that Melissa would do that and invite everyone to come! That's so fun!