Monday, May 5, 2008

Busy Busy...

Well, since it has been almost a month since I last wrote a lot has happened!

We are all moved in to our new place. We aren't quite totally unpacked yet but it is coming. Most of the rooms are done so we are almost there. It will be great when it is all done. I dont have pictures yet but I will try to get some as soon as I have everything put away! However, something is wrong with our phones and Aliant has to come into the apartment to fix it so I need to make an appointment, but since April 28th we have had no phone or internet. I mean, we have our cell phones so it is not that bad! Just a little inconvenient.


So on April 30th, my little sister Laura reported to the MTC. We got a letter from her yesterday and she sounds like she is doing great! She is learning Italian which she said is a little hard, but I think she will pick it up pretty quickly. She will be a great missionary. Before she left we had an open house for her and another soon to be missionary from my branch in New Glasgow. The branch there is pretty small, like 60 people or less and there were 3 people leaving for missions and giving their farwell talks on Sunday the 20th. It was a proud moment for my branch! They all gave great talks and should do very well. It is just such a weird feeling not be able to call her up whenever I want...i have to write to her. Very weird! I do have pictures from the airport and farwell but my camera is at home...I will post them!

I have decided to take up tennis. I bought a racquet and some balls and Chad and I are going to start playing. I want to do it like 3 nigts a week, but I dont know if our schedule will allow it. I am tired of being out of shape so I need to do more active things. Now I just have to learn the rules!

Ok, so Mother's Day is coming up in a few days and I want to get my Mom something great...does anyone have and great ideas? I have thought of a few but they just dont seem good enough.


Ok, quick side note....YARD SALE!! On saturday May 10, the YW are having a yard sale in the church parking lot. Tell all your friends and come your self. We need to raise a lot of money!!

I guess not a lot has happened in the last month (oh yeah I got my hair done, highlights and all which I haven't had in like 4 years, i like it!) but a few big things which made it seem really busy!

I hope you are all doing well and enjoying the nice weather lately...i know I am!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's so great that you're all moved it, you must love it! That is awesome that a small branch has three missionaries, I'm sure your sister will do great! I used to be really into tennis, I played on the tennis teams in high school but now I suck! Good luck with it!

Julia said...

so tennis...maybe just learn to hit the ball back and forth a few times before learning the rules.
my hand/eye co-ordination needed a lot of work before i really got playing.
josh and i used to play a bit when we lived in stoneybrook, but not so much now. my parents have a tennis court near by, so i used to play with dad too. i dont think lyla and i are up for it. but when i am, i'll take you on :)
it's like badmonton, only faster!

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see your new apartment!! Tennis should be fun...I never got into that sport. I think I was always too afraid that the ball would hit me....those balls travel fast!

Beckey said...

I noticed you hair at church on Sunday, it looks really cute!

Rob said...

yeah, the no phone thing makes sense now, cause i tried to call chad a couple weeks ago, and there was no answer. i thought he was screening my call. well, maybe he was.

tennis...one of the harder sports i have played. the rules aren't too hard though, which is good.

Karlee said...

I hope the yard sale went well! I can't wait to see the pictures of your new place. How exciting!