Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Mallory and Jake got married!!


On Friday the 13th Mallory and Jake got married! It was a very nice wedding. I am glad we were able to be there. However, it didn't go as smoothly as hoped. On thursday night Mallory stayed at our apartment so she didn't have to have to drive from bridgewater in the morning. So we were up late...too late talking and getting ready for the morning. It wasn't until 3am that we went to bed. Then we were up at 7am to get ready. So by about 8:30 Mallory was ready to go and Jake was supposed to pick her up around then to head over to Cole Harbour. So we waited for Jake to show up... which didn't happen. So by 9:20ish we decided to just head over. We got there around 9:45 and everyone was waiting. They had thought the bride had skipped town.
As it turns out Jake thought they were meeting in Cole Harbour and Mallory thought he was picking her up. I think in the near future they will be laughing about this. I think it will be a good story! Anyway, since we were in such a rush to get out the door I forgot to bring my video camera and batteries for my regular camera so I have nothing that documented the occation but I did steal some pictures from Melissa's facebook.




Mallory's shoes were so cute! Shoes are such a great way to accessorize! Jake had some nice shoes too!

I am hoping to get some pictures this coming weekend at their reception in Bridgewater. Mallory's grandparents had a very nice family reception at their house after the sealing, so it was fun to sit around and chat. Melissa made the cake, check it out...it looked great!




I think Mallory and Jake are a really great couple and I am very happy to see them so happy!!


So other than that not too much is going on. Last night I got to hang out with Jessica which I haven't done in forever! So that was fun, and I saw her new house which is awesome! We have to hang out more often Jessica!!
Oh, I also have to put a plug in for the young women....we are fundraising and we need to sell all 200 of the reciepe books that we had made, so if you are interested in buying one let me know and I will get it to you for the low low price of $10!! What a bargin!
Now....go enjoy the sun while it is out!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's too bad about the mixup! Good thing you guys went over before everyone started to leave! Hope the reception goes more smoothly.

Julia said...

aaaaaaaaaaaaa, i love her shoes :)
i also love the morning of the wedding story. i think about it and i would have been so stressed i probably would have just started crying :)

Channynba said...

I am so happy for them...tell them congrats from me. GReat pictures

The Bing's said...

Congratulations to Mallory and Jake they look so awesome and I can't wait to see more pictures!! I'm sure the wedding morning mix up wasn't fun but the story was really cute and they'll forsure laugh about it later on!!! too cute!!

Anonymous said...

Well, I already knew about the story since we hung out and all!! I had fun as well. We really do have to hang out more!

Keah and Michael O'Hearon said...

Cute pics Ashley....it was great to see you....but again we did not really get to talk! Can't wait to see you in Bridgewater....perhaps we will get to hang out a bit!