Tuesday, October 23, 2007

There's nothing like a good trip home...

This weekend, Chad and I went home for a little visit. We weren't able to make it down for Thanksgiving so this was our first opportunity. We left right after work on Friday. I hate how dark it is now by like 7 pm. Oh the winter...how I hate it! But this weekend certianly didn't feel like winter! Friday night we just relaxed. Then on Saturday it was raining in the morning but by the afternoon it had cleared up and was quite warm. We did some shopping and running around...I am quite proud...I got some christmas shopping done! I have been saying for like 3 weeks now that I wanted to start shopping for Chirstmas because it come so quickly! I only got a few things but you have to start somewhere.

I love it when we go home to visit ... my Mom always makes fun meals. On saturday we had a cheese fondue. It was quite enjoyable! We had like lots of vegtables, 2 kinds of meat and bread. I just love to dip!


Sunday was went to church and then did some more relaxing. Also we had a little photo shoot. Amy (my older sister) is taking a photography course and has a good camera so we has some fun.
Here are a few pictures from that shoot...





Also, we decided to play with make up... I enjoyed that! * a little background note... for the past few years I have wanted to take a make up artist course...I even looked into the one that the HDC puts on. I dont have the money for it now, but I would like to do it in the future.
So Amy and I each took an side of my little sister's (Laura) face and did what we wanted. Amy went a more traditional route with the smokey eye, which turned out really nice!
I went for magazine ad makeup...

here is a picture of what I came up with. Now I am obviously not a professional, but not bad ( i thought) It looked much brighter in person!



We had lots of fun. Then we had to leave...I hate leaving. We got home and went to bed...just in time for a new work week.

I should have lots to talk about for my next entry, Big night tonight...we bought a new table that is getting delivered to our apartment tonight (pictures soon) and best of all...Visiting teachers came over last night! And I think Chad and I will be buying a couch set some time this week too. I will update again soon!

10 comments:

Julia said...

hahaha, the whole magazine look...so fun! i think it's interesting when they do that stuff in the magazines, cause who really wears make up like that! you did a good job tho!
can't wait to see your table all set up, take pictures.

Keah and Michael O'Hearon said...

Sounds like a fun weekend..can I just say that that pic of you and Chad is gorgeous, I love it! Love the make-up job as well, always fun! I look forward to all your new updates....love new furniture!

Kristi Drennan said...

Well that's fun...all the make-up and stuff! You should totally do up a course...if you're that good now you could be a rock star! And how exciting it is to get new furniture!!!! OH and I love that picture of you and Chad! It's always nice to have a good pic of you and your hubby!

The Bing's said...

what a fun weekend...I love the picture of you and chad...you guys are just so in love in that picture. I totally want to take a photography course someday too!! Post pictures of the new furniture soon where did you get it from...fill us all in!!

Anonymous said...

Great pics! Glad you had a fun weekend...it must have been nice to have some fam time. Hope you get to take another visit soon.

Karlee said...

I LOVE that picture of you and Chad! It is really cute, you're both smiling so good! The makeup stuff sounds like fun... and of course so does the furniture shopping!

Channynba said...

Sounds like you had an awesome weekend.
Great pics.

Anonymous said...

Cute pictures! I love the one of you and Chad. It looks like something you would see in an add. Also, pretty much I'm jealous of your cheese fondue. I love that stuff and the last time I had it was when I lived in Canada. I tried to get a fondue set for a dinner we had with some friends but we couldn't find any. Dumb seasonal item! Good luck with your couches. Can't wait to see your table pictures!

Beckey said...

Ashley, it seems like I haven't seen you forever! I love the picture of you and Chad! Glad you got to go home!

THE CALDER FAMILY said...

What a fun weekend you had way back in October! Just letting you know that we've joined the blogging world. It's bundles of fun already!