Sunday, July 22, 2007

Post 2: Birthdays and Showers

First this month we had Josh's birthday. That was fun, Julia made him a transformer ice cream cake, and by "made" I mean called Dariy Queen and arranged a pick up, but it was a soild effort! Good Job Julia! The cake was awesome and there were a few people there to celebrate.



Josh blowing out all 24 candles!





Then on the 17th it was my Mom's birthday... She turned 46 years young. (I hope she doesn't mind me wrting that, but I wouldn't think that it would matter since she is still so young!) I sent her a card but I'll have to bring a present home next time we go.

On the 13th Sister Hartling had a very nice baby shower for Aleisha and Elena. Elena is so cute. She got a ton of presents and we all had a great time. I must say, I enjoyed making my presest for her. I am not creative at all so this was a triumph for me. I think it looked good. I made a diaper cake. I had found one on the internet as a gift idea and though I could make one too. We played a few games and had some treats. It was a good time.
Here is the new grandmother and grandaughter

The new Mom, open gifts..looking great!



This is my diaper cake..i think it is cute. It is made of Diapers and then had little gifts hidden in the layers.




And finally, I went to Karen's Bridal Shower. Sonja did a great job planning it. We played a few games and had some great food, and Karen got alot of helpful gifts! Karen and I were talking the week before about how she loves to be the centre of attention and this was her perfect venue! just kidding. Karen is not a fan of the attention and turned red a couple of times, but all in all i think we all had a great time! Also...Karen is so on top of things...this shower was on the 14th and I got a thank you card from her today at church (the 22nd) Very organized!!! You'll have to teach me some of your skills Karen!
This was one of the games: toilet paper wedding dresses. Our group did the 2 young girls Jessica and Sarah...great Models!And Karen who's face is the same color as her new outfit! Matches her kitchen appliences!



5 comments:

Julia said...

your cake was awesome. i am quite impressed!! like super impressed actually.
thanks for your help with josh's bday!

Kristi Drennan said...

lots of party fun! That diaper cake is way fun!

The Bing's said...

I am sooooooo impressed with that diaper cake...what a neat idea!! I'm going to go back and study it some more. Thanks for writing about the shower and that awesome picture...I alsmot blend in with my gift...hahhaha!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey, It looks like you've been having a lot of fun lately. I like all your pictures.. especailly the one of Karen all red! But I like the out fit!

Channynba said...

I love that there is a picture of my mom...she hates getting her picture taken.
love the cake it is very unique.