Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Reese is 1!

So, I am a little late posting this but I was visiting my parents on the weekend and didn't get around it it, but my little niece Reese turned 1 on Feb 27th. She is getting so big so fast! Melissa and Brant had everyone over for cake and presents and some games. It was a good time.

Here are a few pictures I stole from Melissa's facebook.



Melissa did a good job on the butterfly cake!



It was pretty funny, Calla enjoyed "helping"...however her idea of helping included opening all the presents before Reese even got a chance.

So I forgot to post the pictures of the flowers that I got for my birthday...(I know I am like 2 months late!) But I just saw them on my camera yesterday. I got the lilies from Chad and the Tulips from Luana (mother in law). It was great. I love having flowers around the house.










So this past weekend Chad and I went to my parents place for a visit. It was good to get away and relax. We are going to have to try to get there as much as possible in the next 2 months before my little sister leaves. She is still so excited about her mission call. I was talking to her before we got there and she was excited to just show me the actually letter that she got. She is too funny!

Anyway it was nice to relax and hang out with my family. They just bought a Wii and rented guitar hero for xbox so we spent a bit of time playing games which was fun. Those are the kind of games I like.

Also, my older sister Amy and I decided to do a craft. She is totally Martha Stewart and I thought it would be fun. Amy found the idea on the internet somewhere and we copied it. We made some throw pillows. Well, we bought the pillow and just added to it. I think it turned out pretty nice. Amy's is nicer than mine of course! But I dont have a picture of hers to compare so you will just have to trust me.


Over all it was a good weekend. We got stuck there on Sunday night because of the snow so we had to leave extra early on Monday morning to make it into work, but it all worked out.

Last night was out YW's new beginings. It went really well. The girls sang a new song that goes along with the theme this year and it sounded so great! We had a dinner and little presentation. I think everyone enjoyed themselves. I am pretty excited that it is already Thursday. This week has gone by so fast! I love weekends!

Anyway, My boss is actually in the office today (not something that happens very often!) so I should do some work!
Enjoy your weekend!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Cute pillow! Glad you were able to visit your family. Reece is one...crazy!

The Bing's said...

so much fun stuff in here...that is crazy that Reese is one...she is such a cutie pie and melissa's cakes are always so impressive! All the flowers are so beautiful...I haven't had them around the apartment for awhile but I have to agree I also love having them around. The pillow is very cool...someday when we re-do our bedroom I want to make cool throw pillows!!fun post ashley!!

Julia said...

i love love love your pillow. so cute. and talanted! geesh.
so it's been a long time since we have talked. i emailed you a few times, but you must be busy or something :)
we're off to greenwood tomorrow, i'll let you know how that goes.

Kristi Drennan said...

Love the pillow!! And I love the flowers. I can't believe Reese is 1 already!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
THE CALDER FAMILY said...

I think the pillows turned out really cute! The flowers you got for your birthday are beautiful! I love flowers but I need help keeping them alive - I have a hard time with this!