Friday, February 1, 2008

ROME!!















So my little sister Laura got her Mission call yesterday! She called me at about 12 noon and said it came in the mail. She was soooo excited and wanted to open it right then but Mom wouldn't let her open it until everyone was home from work. They arranged a conference call for 6 pm. I dont dont even know everyone who was on the phone...My parents and siblings, me and Chad, both sets of grandparents, my cousin Clara, my Aunt Leslie and Uncle Owen, I think I am forgetting someone...but it was pretty fun. Laura opened it with all of us listening intently. She will be serving in Rome Italy!! She will be going to the MTC in Provo for 9 weeks and will be learning Italian! She leaves April 30th!
So, I was way off with my guess of Texas! But that's ok...Italy is much cooler! Laura will be an amazing missionary! Everyone she meets likes her within seconds. She will do great! And she will be buying me some shoes and purses...right La?
Anyway, that is so exciting that I cant follow it with anything else...

7 comments:

The Bing's said...

WOW WOW WOW!!!!! That is soooooo exciting....Rome sounds like it would be the coolest mission ever!!! Tell your sister Congratulations that's the coolest!!!!

Julia said...

oh, i am just so super excited for her!!

Kristiane said...

Thats super exciting!!! Man, I've always wanted to go to Rome, I'm super Jealous!!!

Laura- with an italian accent said...

Thanks Ash!!! :) i almost cry everytime i think about it! i'm so excited!!! (with a side of nervous! lol) Yes, i'll get you some cool purses and shoes :P Maybe some other nice stuff too if i come across anything. .which i'm suuure i will :)

Anonymous said...

That's an awesome place to go!! Jealous!

Channynba said...

WOW!!!! Rome. She is going to have an awesome experience.

Kristi Drennan said...

Wow!! That's so fun!!!!! Yeah she best be doing some shopping for you!