Thursday, October 2, 2008

Birthday Weekend Getaway

Last saturday was Chad's 26th birthday!! He's growing up so quickly! ;)

So I decided that we should get out of town and have some fun. We have been telling Josh and Julia that we would come visit them in the valley, so I thought it might be good to put the 2 idea's together. I was looking for a few weeks for a place to stay and didn't find anything really fantastic. I am not a fan of the B&B scene...i just rather not stay at someone's house that I dont know. So I was looking for an inn or maybe a hotel. I wanted something with a little character. So I looked and looked...and it seemed like I was going to have to book a boring hotel room. So the tuesday before we were supposed to leave I showed Chad a few of the places I was thinking. None of them were overly exciting, so I searched one more time for other accomodations and I found it! It's called By the Dock of the Bay Cottages. It was perfect and luckly they had a suite avaiable. Pictures are to follow.

I must start at the begining...

I decided to take Friday off of work so we left as soon as Chad was finished work around 3. So we called Josh and Julia and told them we would see them soon. Then Josh told us that he had this secret to getting there faster. Julia and I thought it was going to be some back road shortcut kind of thing...but it turned out that Josh just speeds...that's his secret! Chad is a little bit of a speeder himself so the following incident we do not blame Josh for, but it was just kind of funny that he suggested it. We were driving just outside Windsor and Chad got pulled over...he was indeed speeding. So to start off his birthday weekend Chad got his first speeding ticket! We talked about how it was a crappy thing to happen but we weren't going to let it spoil the weekend. Poor Chad...the cop should have seen that it was his Bday and given him a warning! Oh well...she was just doing her job!

Anyway...we got to the valley and checked into our suite...it was perfect!!It was in a beach house right on the water with a perfect view of the Bay of Fundy! I would recommend this place to anyone who is looking for a place to get away. And it is not that expensive either!!





So after we got settled we met Josh and Julia for some dinner. They live about 10 feet away from a cute resturaunt...it was pretty tasty. Then we had some birthday cake that I made for Chad earlier in the day. We hung out there for a bit and then called it a night.

The next morning...too early for people on vacation, we got up and cooked some breakfast and headed back to Josh and Julia's. Chad and Josh were going golfing, so Chad wanted an early start so they could avoid the rain. Julia and I went to Walmart and I got to hang out with little Lyla all day! It was great! The Venoit family made an apperance as well before they went to a wedding. It was good to see them.

The boys returned and we hung out for a bit more and Chad and I ventured home. There was no speeding ticket involved on the way home thankfully!
We really enjoyed our weekend...a big thanks to J&J for the quality time!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like a great place to stay! Nice that you got to go away for Chad's birthday...happy birthday chad, welcome to the world of being 26 (as am I). Chad should talk to Phil about speeding tickets...jeesh!

Beckey said...

What a fun weekend! That is except for the speeding ticket! Happy Birthday Chad!!!

Anonymous said...

Very cute little place! Tell Chad I said happy birthday. That sucks about the speeding ticket. I just recently got one at the end of Aug! No fun. Glad you had fun:)

Amy said...

The Queen of Cliches strikes again. lol you weirdo :)

Anonymous said...

Oh and a female cop too!!! That stinks. I would have given him a warning, especially on his birthday. What can I tell you about those darn RCMP...

Robyn and Justin Woods said...

Happy late birthday Chad!!!
That place looks amazing.

Julia said...

we're so glad you had a good time. it was nice to see you. thanks for coming.
p.s josh is an idiot. i never listen to any of his ideas!

THE CALDER FAMILY said...

What a cute little cottage, and a great idea for a birthday. Sounds like you guys had fun!